Re: Hey Neal, hey Neal!!! nuts?(no lug nuts)

Re: Hey Neal, hey Neal!!! nuts?(no lug nuts)

Domains as low as $4.95!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
caaccM5b7yoMza/ GoDaddy

You're right Wally, it's the staff. My local
O'Reilly's staff has even told me I should get a newer
car. They just roll their eyes when I ask for parts
for a 64. Of course, their staff is still dealing with
ACNE!!  We have a local auto parts store that has been
in town since 1910 with some guys that are 40 and up
and they'll bend over backwards for you. They even
bent some new brake lines for my 64. That's where I
always try to go, if they can get the parts.

  Gary

-> Hi
>         It apears to be the staff and not the store
> that makes a difference,
> the NAPA store
> here is freakin useless, the Last time I was in
> there I was gonna buy all of
> the parts for the disc brake conversion
> (rotors,calipers,hoses,pin
> kits,bearings,seals,masters) for both my car (63
> Dodge) and my son's car (64
> Dodge) . So I wander in with my list in hand, I had
> everthing identified
> with EIS part numbers ,the counter putz looks my
> list over and asks whose
> part numbers they were ,so I tell him and he says
> "who is EIS", I 'm a bit
> surprised as EIS is almost older than dirt and he
> says they don't carry
> EIS,so I says I don't give a hoot who he gets the
> parts from, if its Wagner
> or Bendix cross 'em over and get 'em no sweat. Well
> he sort of pages through
> (and this is right in front of me!) his cross
> reference book in a sort of
> uninterested manner and calls out to his other
> counter putz if he ever
> crossed over anything from EIS,the other guy says
> no,he never heard of EIS .
> The guy just looks up at me and says he can't get
> any of it. Well ' I just
> about flip, I says "you never even tried", and I
> mention if the EIS numbers
> are to hard for him he should try by
> application...blank stare from him, I
> tell 'em that about $600 bucks worth of parts sales
> are about to walk out
> the door (me) ,no real concern shown on his part ,
> I'm at the door now and
> say "Last chance" still no real response out of the
> idiot so I leave,never
> to return!
> Another independant outfit called "Hood" autoparts
> offered an enthusiastic
> response and had everthing within a day without any
> excuses! So for me the
> local NAPA has become invisible! Just thought I'd
> share!
>
>   Wally
>   63 Dodge

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU?s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
caaccM2b7yoMzf/ AIU

----

b7yoMz.