Quench

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caaccM4b7yoMza/ Children's Int'l

Got a small problem/concern here. Started reassembly of stroked 400-451 with reworked heads. Took .035" off a set of 452 heads that are ported and gasket matched,large vaves, etc. In checking the quench with a .039"  used Fel Pro gasket we got .090" on the quench. Don't want to remove any more from the heads and would prefer not to deck the block at this point. What is the general opinion of using the Mopar Performance steel gaskets at .020"  This would give approx. .070" quench about .010" more than what was wanted. The compression was 10.8 with the .039" gasket.  Has anyone come across a fibre gasket supplier thinner than the .039" crushed range Fel Pro has?
I seem to remember Don D. saying that he has used the steel gaskets.
Thanks all:
Darrell
1965 Coronet  451ci  4spd  2dr.post

Cancel your low-carb diet. Lose weight. Choose your own
foods. Learn more about our program at:
caaccM7b7yoMzf/ Dr. Smith

----

b7yoMz.