From: "Mark Parsons" <sixfivemopar@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962 - 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 12:10 PM
Subject: Trouble with Comp Cams lifters

> Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
> Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
> invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
> caaccMMbWmGYRa/ Sharebuilder
>
> Hey all,
>
> The next sentence will give you an idea of what kind of week I'm having...
>
> I was coming home from jury duty Friday night when I suddenly got a loud
clacking and engine miss in my 360.

> This is a motor I built just about three years ago and have put about 6000
miles on. I'm running a very mild Comp Cams Xtreme Energy cam XE262 with
their matching hydraulic lifters. Pulled a valve cover and one exhaust
lifter was obviously collapsed. Pulled the lifter and took it apart and a
little spring steel plate, probably about 1 mil thick, that should be just
below the plunger cap was in pieces resting in the bottom of the lifter
body.

> Hmmm. This has me nervous wondering if these particular lifters are prone
to fatigue like this and others are going to go south now on a regular
basis, or if this is an anomaly. Anyone else have these lifters and
experience a similar failure?

> For now, I swapped in a new lifter and went back through the break in
procedure. Running fine now. Wondering, though, if I should swap out all
these lifters.

> Thanks! Mark
>
> Mark Parsons
> '65 Bel II
> '65 Valiant 'vert

> Sponsor a child today through Children International.
> Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
> For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
> caaccM4bWmGYRf/ Children's Int'l
>
> ----
topic.  Thanks!

Cancel your low-carb diet. Lose weight. Choose your own
foods. Learn more about our program at:
caaccM7b7yoMzf/ Dr. Smith

----

b7yoMz.