From: Thomas R Hansen <trandco1@xxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rear axle
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 08:38:53 -0500

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
caaccMPbV7tWJa/ UOP

> > If you want to get an idea of what revs you will turn with various > rear > gears and tire dia's go to > > http://www.randysringandpinion.com/ > > the click on Calculators. Thin you will find 4.56's are pretty high > rpm > deal at 60mph

 This is great information, Thanks.
    I think the original post asked which rear end chucks are
interchangeable in, what I remember was, a '64 Plymouth rear end. The
original chuck was a 741, and we need to know if all axles from a 8 3/4"
rear ends are the same size diameter and spline count?  If this man found
a 742 or a 748? with the gear ratio he wanted, will it fit in the
housing, and axles slide right in? Are all years of 8 3/4"
interchangeable?  Are the axles the same with the open rear as well as
the Sure Grip?  I know there are two different U joint sizes, the 2 1/8"
and the 2 5/8" so the front yoke could be different, but will that have
to be changed, or can you use a "bastard U joint" without problems?  How
many different trans speedo gears were available for the pre-'66
Torqueflight?

Domains as low as $4.95!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
caaccM5bV7tWJf/ GoDaddy

----

Domains as low as $4.95! Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy! caaccM5b7yoMzf/ GoDaddy

----

b7yoMz.