RE: offset hangers

Cancel your low-carb diet. Lose weight. Choose your own
foods. Learn more about our program at:
caaccM7b7yoMza/ Dr. Smith

Neal,

Yep we are very old. I was around before dirt was dirty. Don can speak
for himself.

Yes SS springs work for the street. You do loose some side to side
stability, and a rear sway bar would help when you relocate the springs
inboard a lot. That is why Don just moves them a inch or so by his
relocation method. That was the way it was done before someone
came up with the frame box idea. For drag racing sway bars
inhibit weight transfer, so you won't see them on many drag cars.
for a street car, unless your going for the killer big tire look, in a B
body you can get 10 inches of rubber on the ground with stock springs
moved in a inch or so. Should be enough to blow off any winged
Honda in Oregon.

No SS springs are not the same length. They are a couple of inches
shorter that B body springs. You cut 3/4 of the frame rail and set the
box into the frame. Not very hard to do really. You can change the
height
of the car by where you locate the box, but I recommend leaving it the
stock height for a street car, when you do that, then your dealing with
new pinion angles. Not hard to correct with a wedge.

Rubber Side Down,

Earl

I have a few questions more about this spring relocation thing.
  I really would like to do this , seems much faster than my brainstorm
  of moving the stock rails in.
   Don and Earl, my two voices of reason. I just get dreAMING, they reel
   me back in, they must be really old, LOL.
   Anyway here goes:
  I would imagine with the springs moved inwards you pick up a little
  sway in the rear from the narrower spring width, right? Would a rear
  sway bar help this?
    Are the Super stock springs suitable for a street machine?
    Are they the same length as the stock leaves, in other words would
    they slip right into the old mounts?
    Now in my MP Chassis manual where they talk about their relocation
    kit, it sounds like the spring rides under the frame rail, sounds
    like u actually cut into the rail and put the spring up "IN" the
    frame rail. Is that right?
    Does the car then ride higher in the back?
   Neal Zimmerman,Eugene Oregon

Domains as low as $4.95!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
caaccM5b7yoMzf/ GoDaddy