RE: 400 or 440

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
caab7pJb7yoMza/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

I have never seen one?? I have read that also, but I have never found
a 400 without a cast crank. You know Chrysler, any thing is possible.
I have a H code 440 that has a 69 date code block, and I know it is
original, because the engine number matches the car vin that the block
came out of. I want to know what that block was doing from 69
to 72. Nothing surprises me anymore.

> There were no 400's in 71 cars, they were all 383's. The easy way to
> tell if the motor is in the car is to look at the harmonic balancer.
> If it is thin, it is a 383, Steel crank - if it is thick, cast crank -

> 400. Bill is right, they started casting blocks in Apr of 71 for year
> 72 production.

  Earl   didnt the early 400's have forged cranks with balancers?  I
thought
the 72's  and  73's were forged crank motors?
Bob

Your opinion counts! We're conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
caab6PibV1hOjf/ Val Rad
----
directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Your opinion counts! We?re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
caab6PVb7yoMzf/ Val Rad
----

b7yoMz.