From: Dodger7998@xxxxxxx [mailto:Dodger7998@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 4:08 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Question for all members?

After getting out of the Navy in 1966, I worked as a line mechanic on G.M.
trucks, leaving there to a A.M.C. new car dealership, got fired from there
in 68
when I showed up for work one morning with a new road runner (heh heh) they
could not understand how I could have done something so disgusting after
that I
owned several full service gas stations with dual engine bays, working on
anything that came through the doors, at any given time I usually have at
least
20 mopars on hand, at one time had over 100, but the county put a kabosh on
them, still argueing with them over what I have left.  I have a medium size
libraby of reference books that are mopar related, and still buy more when I
see
something new.
  As well as my two teenage sons, I have a small following of young gear
heads that drop by occasionaly to see what they can talk me out of, or want
know how to fix something, I will not do the work for them, but will let
them do
the work at my place, and use my tools, as well as tell them how to do it,
and
yes I do sell them cars and parts, I figure that it makes me about a
negative
5K a year(lucky I am getting old, couldn't keep this up forever )  The total
amount of parts that I have sold, and made a profit on in the last 20 years
could all be hauled off in one pick-up load, as well as the fact that I have
not
charged anyone in the past 25+ years for doing mechanical work on their
vehicles.
    It is my opinion that if you want to promote, and or encourage something
and you find yourself writing out a bill for it, that you have defeated your
purpose, I can find pleanty of other things that I can charge people for so
as
to support my habits, and it does not have to be what I enjoy doing in the
first place
                                                                 dodger