Re: Offering help

Thanks. Certainly a person who has rebuilt 50 engines thinks that type of work is easy compared to some other person who never did that type of work. Generally, we all take friendly advice with a sense of give-and-take. That is, if someone says to do X and I don't understand what they mean I don't hesitate to ask for further explanation. Also, I believe that type of give-and-take completely applies to a mail list or Web base discussion board. There is also the self-correcting feedback function in a public group discussion where if someone makes a statement that is incorrect or subject to misinterpretation, then it is highly likely that others will chime in to clarify that statement.

There are two Web links at the bottom of each email sent to members of the '62 - '65 Mail List that you agree to follow as a member of this group: 1) the 1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines details the mail list discussion guidelines and 2) the General Disclaimer that, in brief, reminds us that we are here at our own will and are intelligent individuals who understand that any technical advice or directions are provided AS IS and are provided without warranty or any guarantee of accuracy. That is, "You perform any maintenance or modification to your automobile AT YOUR OWN RISK."

As an analogy, many many years ago a fellow shade tree mechanic told me to use cinder blocks (also known as breeze blocks) to hold up a car when working on the car with the wheels off. That sounded okay in theory. Then I dropped one of the cinder blocks and saw how quickly that cinder block broke into chunks! No way Jose! Never use cinder blocks to hold up a car! I bought some very heavy duty jack stands to use instead. So, it's okay to take advice but always use your own common sense and intelligence to analyze that advice.

Thanks,
Gary H.

....>  No I am not saying not to give advise, but please  do not try to arm