From: 62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pertronix 40,000 Volt Flame Thrower Coil
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 9:12 AM

Are you using the : Pertronix 40,000 Volt Flame Thrower Coil?  I *think* if you use their coil you can bypass the ballast resister? Herb, is that correct?  Here is an archived message from Herb:

"You can just cut the wires (Two each plug) and crimp or solder all four
together and seal W heat shrink tubing.  Or you can make a jumper with two
male spade connectors & a short piece of #12 wire and avoid removing the
original plugs so you can revert back if needed in the future.  New idea
just hit me, if you want to get real fancy and avoid cutting into your
harness or see a jumper, solder a #12 wire across the back of the ballast
resistor from spade to spade bypassing the coiled wire, looking like it has
been un-tampered with.  Should work fine, last long time!!  BTW I think you
were asking, on your 63 the two wires on the power side going to your
ballast resistor are from the run side of your ignition switch & the voltage
regulator.  The two wires on the other side are to the ignition coil & from
the start side of the ignition switch." -- Herb

http://www.pertronix.com/support/manuals/pdf/ignitor12vneg.pdf has a diagram that may help.

Thanks,
Gary H.

http://groups.google.com/group/1962to1965mopars?hl=en]