RE: Rads, trans coolers,temp?

Quite a few of us have had temp issues with our cars, including me.  I
have a stock big block radiator with a trans cooler, no shroud.  My car
will run fine down the highway even at temps of 90 degrees plus.  It
will even run fine in traffic as long as I have not been out on the
highway prior to that.  But if I run down the highway and then have to
drive in traffic it spikes right up.  It has never overheated but it
will run the needle on the temp gauge right up past @ 3/4.  So it's on
the edge.  I used to have an electric pusher fan on it which made no
difference at all.  Taking all this into account I have come to the
conclusion that I need more volume through my water pump.  So Ollie's
link to a higher flow water pump is timely, and probably the way I will
go.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727