RE: Coolant routing ?

If you drive your car in the cold weather, it is good to have it hooked
to the trans cooler in the radiator, as well.  This will allow the
torqueflite to warm up to operating temperature, which is necessary.

Years ago my friend had a slant six Dart, and the trans cooler went bad
one summer.  We disconnected the cooling lines and looped them with a
hose.  Worked great, until the winter came, and it wouldn't shift
properly.  We tried everything to no avail.  Finally, we installed a new
radiator and connected the transmission lines up again, and it shifted
like new.

Again, it was fine all summer.

----