R&R my oilpan

I need to change the oil pan that was installed on my engine during the
recent rebuild.  It is a generic 8qt. pan that hangs @ 3/4" lower than
my old pan.  The problem is that it drags going in and out of my
driveway as well as on other things like speed bumps.  It drug one too
many times and now has a hole.
My question is how far do I have to raise the engine in order to wiggle
it out of there?  Will I have to unbolt the tranny and basically pull it
all the way out?  Or can I leave it bolted up and just undo the exhaust
and some of the other misc. items?
Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727