Repro Fan Shroud Install Update

Here is the current status on the 63 Big Block fan shroud from Rocket
Restorations:

The shroud does not fit my radiator that appears to be the original
radiator for the car however the problem may not be the shroud.

The radiator has been re-cored and it appears that when the core and
upper tank were soldered into the steel frame the tank may not be in the
correct position.  The upper tank is hitting on the top of the fan
shroud.  If the tank was moved forward in the frame it may corret the
problem.

I'm going to pull the radiator and take it to a radiator shop along with
the shroud to see if they can move the upper tank forward enough to
correct he problem.

I don't have any good pictures of a stock fan shroud installed so I am
not able to comment on the repro unit however to me it looks good and
should fit well if I can correct the shroud upper tank interference
problem.  My car is not a restoration so if I have to do some final
grinding or bending on the shroud I will not have a problem with it.

I did send a message to Rocket Restorations along with a picture of the
problem but have not received a response. I have not called yet, first I
want to determine if the problem is mine or theirs.  So far it looks
like it is mine.

If and when this works I'll send pictures and notes to Gary to post.

Dennis C.

Dave Walters wrote:

> spigot2039@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Should I put a cautionary notice on the 62-65 site advising people about
> >
> > the reproductions?
>

> Tough call Gary. Are there legal ramifications in doing so? Perhaps
> something like, "MML member(s) have noted a fitment issue with this
> shroud with some radiators." The problems could lie with the radiators
> themselves. Who knows?
>
> Buyers should probably contact the vendor directly for feedback and a
> full refund. RR is very reputable and I wouldn't see a problem with a
> full refund. Plus, they may have made necessary changes to subsequent
> runs of the shrouds. A phone call definatly wouldn't hurt.
>

> Dave Walters
> Denver,CO.

1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Van Conversion
1964 Plymouth Belvedere 318 Auto
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4-speed
1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4 soon to be changed
1998 Honda Valkyrie Standard

----