RE: 440 carb size

My 1972 Chrysler New Yorker came from the factory with a 580 cfm Holley
carburetor.  Transplanted, stock, with only the addition of small tube
headers and a 2 1/2" dual exhaust, it couldn't handle it.  Had it
rebuilt and worked up, still couldn't do it.  My friend's 750 cfm
Edelbrock nailed it right out of the box, after I set the floats
properly.

BTW, am now running an 850 cfm Thermoquad, and love it.  18 mpg highway,
if I try real hard, and lots of power and rpms on tap.  It's just a
little too lean, though, and I don't know what to do about that.

Sean

----