To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 4:35 PM
Subject: RE: What's with the wire?

Hi Bill,

The wire is likely left over from the casting of the heads.  No big
deal.  Leave them or take them out.

The rocker shaft slides out of the head and each rocker arm goes on
individually.  You remove the shaft by pulling the small pin on one of
the rocker shaft journals.  As you slide the rocker shaft out, the
rockers and spacer springs will come off.

Keep track of the order and shoot photos of the heads for reference.

K.

Bill Maurits wrote:

Apparently I forgot how to type...I'll try this again...

I was pulling my extra poly apart today and when I got the intake off,
it looks like there is a wire running through the coolant jacket of
each head. What in the world is this?

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert

Kevin R. Merkley