torque

Dont torque everything. it is wasteful and unnecesary. Heads  mains rods and such eed a perfect torque but accesories? Higly questionable. Snug all the bolts and then give each a extra tighten just to verify they are not o loose. If the factory or a professional mechanic had to torque everything  then an hours job would double at least.  I know I understand that some of you think that you aremaking yours more perfevt and the rest of us just dont care butthe fact is when you carwas built it was done like I said and everytime it was repaired it was done that way. If you must ten go ahead but you are wasting a lot of time and energy for which no gain will come. If you need specs , most mtors anuals and even se chiltns have a general reference chart for all sizes of fasteners.   The rest of the world  snugs all the bolts then gives each one an small extra tighten so it wont come loose. Torqing everything comes from an isle in the atlantic which shall remain unnamed where the masters of  the overcomplication of simple devices and proceedures are born and raised.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)