RE: Carb Tuning

Hi Dodger, The carb is on a 440.  It's a 750 cfm.  After changing gears
the engine began running extremely rich.  The jets that are in it are as
follows:
Primaries - .110"
2ndaries - .095"
metering rods
economy step - .075"
power step - .0475".

In the "strip kit" I got are included
2 - .106 jets
2 - .107's
2 - .108's
I can't find the metering rods on the webpage:
http://cars.rasoenterprises.com/Carbs-CarterAFB_Jetting.htm
the part numbers are:
130 - 7147
130 - 7342
130 - 7352
I guess if I could find the sizes of the metering rods I could at least
make a comparison of the difference in diameter of the metering rod to
jet orifice size and compare it to what is in it now.
The thing is that it ran great before changing the gears.  Sometimes in
my little pea brain I can rationalize why it's running rich.  But other
times it doesn't seem to make sense to me.  Can anyone explain why a
gear change would necessitate changing jets?

Paul L.
63 Sport Fury
440/727
Dodger7998@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Paul,,,,,,,,isn't an AFB a little much for a slant  six,,,,,,,,,,,,or
> isn't
> that what your running it on,,,,,,,,,,,,need a little  more info for any
>
> accuracy, and even with all the info it is just a guess,,  every engine
> even if
> built the same has its own sweet spot, as well as a carb  can be
> properly tuned
> for performance, or economy, or anywhere in  between,,,,,,,,,,,what are
> you
> shooting for

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy