Re: demons carbs and piston fixtures

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caad0PFbOyW3Na/Superb Rewards

I have also heard a knock on BG's, but also have direct knowledge about
Holleys having some trouble....my engine builder runs a big-inch B-1 headed '70
Roadrunner that runs around 9.1 at 149 mph (might have seen him at Mopars At The
Strip last 2 years).  Anyway, he has had great results with his old Holley
1050 Dominator.

Decided in prep for the 2005 Vegas festivities to go for a 1150, ordered
same.  It came with a casting flaw (depression/small "gouge" in one intake "horn",
sorry if I use wrong term), and when he unscrewed the float bowls to do
jetting, found the screw holes off-center, meaning you couldn't use same screw
gasket without EXACTLY lining it all up, a pain if you are hurrying between runs.

So, he returns it & gets another 1150, according to info built 6 months later
than first carb, SAME 2 flaws.

You've gotta wonder about the quality control, when it's six months later,
same problems.  He's used Holley carbs for 30 years, never seen this pattern
before.

Maybe they are selling too many too fast?  Maybe the returns dept doesn't
talk to the production staff?

I still think they are great carbs, just passing along the experience.