Re: Scarebird Disc Brakes

Thank you for the report. I am considering Scarebird disc for my ‘65 Satellite.

Don

On Aug 28, 2024, at 12:01 AM, CARVEREX@xxxxxxx wrote:

I posted a month or so ago about working with Scarebird's new owners (US Car Tool)
to get the parts I needed to convert my 63 Sport Fury.

I have tried two different high end conversions over the course of the past 6 years or so and NEVER been satisfied. Poor stopping and strange noises seemed to be the norm on both previous attempts. I truly believe both previous kits were aimed more towards competition applications, suspecting both had hard pads and of course the very sexy (but not necessary) drilled and slotted rotors etc.
The scarebird approach is to use mass produced parts which fit together to make a kit.
For instance, for our "B"'s they used Chrysler Cordoba rotors and Chevy Celebrity Calipers.
All this mounted to a beefy backing plate they fabricate and Anodize.

I found them to be a pleasure to deal with, and the end result was some quiet brakes which actually stop the car. All this for much less money than the others! All good! The only glitch was the wheel bearing seal they said use had too big of an ID. I decided not to worry about it too much because the backing plate shields things so well.
Lyle
63 Sport Fury 383 / 727