From: 62-65 list <tpuig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Feb 7, 2005 1:56 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: value

[AD removed for archives]
Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
caac8ucbN9Js2a/PermissionData

It's really a personal decision.  I picked up a '65 Coronet 500 ragtop
many years ago from the original owner.  Very tired car.  Drove it for a
while as a total beater, no back window, interior shredded, burning oil,
etc.  Finally decided to clean it a up a bit.  Sent the drivetrain out
and had it rebuilt to stock specs (361/727), but painted the car red.
Put in a decent but not "correct" interior.  Only one person has come up
and mentioned that the color combo wasn't available from Chrysler that
year.  (Red/white)
Now it's been 15+ years of driving a basically stock Coronet.  I'm ready
to put a 4 wheel disc setup, and fulfill the dream of my license plate,
which reads HEMI 65.  So I'll be doing a restification after my non
original restoration, if that makes sense.  Either way is fine.  I love
seeing original cars, but now I want something I'll drive even more and
is a bit more in keeping with modern technology.  Better tires, brakes,
suspension and fuel injection sure are nice.  My car's in very nice
shape, but I doubt I'd get $15k for it.  Most folks who find a nice car
want to add their little touches to personalize it anyway.  An original
Max or Hemi car, though, is a whole different story.  The 273 is a great
motor.  Once you start driving the car, you'll see how much fun it is.
And you can always put a big block in there easily at a later time.
Hope this helps.
   TP

John wrote:

> My '65 Coronet 500 is just back from the restoration shop. Now that the
> body is perfect and with a flawless paint job (not the original color
> though), I am getting ready to put everything back together. The
> original 273 and 904 trans are freshly rebuilt. My question is whether
> or not I would be hurting the value by installing a later model RB
> engine with a 1965 big block 727. Any comments are surely welcome.
> Thanks.
> John
> Camden, Tennessee
> 1965 Coronet 500