RE: Sad day...rambling

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE* Portable Satellite Radio - yours to keep! Click Here!
caac6MKa/Portable Satellite Radio Promotion

Forgive my roundabout way of making a point, but when my wife and I got
together in 88, she had been into antiques for years. She got me
interested and for a few years I had an antique shop and restored MANY
pieces of furniture. Her love of antiques was because of the story
behind each piece, whereas mine was having the ability to restore
something old to it's former glory. However, I DID come to appreciate
the stories. I think about this sometimes when I'm in the garage and
looking at my 64 Polara. I live in central Ohio and drove to West Bend
Indiana 3 years ago to get my car. It has been brought there from
California 1 year before. I wonder where the car has been, who has
driven and ridden in it, and other such questions that non-gearheads
would never even consider.It has crossed most of the country at LEAST
once. I don't know any history of the car, so I can only wonder. Each of
our cars is a little piece of history, a time capsule so to speak, of
the people who owned it and the places it's been. I find that very
interesting. Sorry for the rambling post.
Jeff