rebuilt engine--oil loss question

[AD removed for archives]
Click here and walk away with your free Chevy collectible.
caacDvMb7yoMza/PermissionData

All you troubleshooters out there, I need help. I finished rebuilding
and installing my engine this summer, and have put about 2000 miles on
it. Problem is, it uses about 2 quarts every 1000 miles. The 383 was
bored 30 over by a reputable machine shop, which installed the Speed Pro
pistons with moly rings. Blows a small amount of dark smoke on heavy
acceleration, and a small amount when car is started. Heads were
completely rebuilt also. First 500 miles I drove alternating speeds as
suggested. Using Castrol 10w 30; second 1000 miles had a quart of Lucas
oil for the oil change. Going to check compression, but interested in
different possibilities.

Zack
1964 Dodge Polara 500

[AD removed for archives]
Should School Prayer be mandatory? Give us your opinion and win.
caacDvTb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.