{Chrysler 300} 66 300

Can anyone verify for a 1966 300 with a 440, should the alternator have a ground wire attached to it like my 62? My 65 imperial also has this same wire but the 66 I am working on does not. I am wondering if some one cut if off in the harness. When testing this alternator, and voltage regulator is grounding the single feed wire what would cause the alternator to put out voltage? I am trying to test it in the car, the manual on the website is quite thorough but for the person I am working for they would like to replace the unit. I just need to determine if I need an alternator, voltage regulator, or both. The car seems to have had some hacking done to the electrical. I have to hook the body ground back to the battery, its gone. No idea where it went originally. I can see some wire ends have been replaced and probably the voltage regulator at one point. Just makes me wonder wire I only have the field wire and the heavy output wire and no ground. Thanks for all the help. I am starting to feel like I am sending too many messages about this car.

--

photo

Drew Carl
Owner, eScore

Phone: 724-288-6636

Email: Drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: www.escoremx.com

Address: 523 Westland Rd. Hickory PA 15340

---