{Chrysler 300} Fall Meet 2024: Johnny Carson - Chrysler and Nebraska Co

{Chrysler 300} Fall Meet 2024: Johnny Carson - Chrysler and Nebraska Connection

Dear Club Members -

For those members coming to the Fall Meet in Omaha, I think you'll enjoy the following YouTube videos, with both Chrysler and Nebraska connections, a real treat!

Fellow 300 Club member Jay Leno created the following video showcasing Johnny Carson's 1939 Chrysler Royal (4 years ago as a Jay Leno's Garage offering):

https://youtu.be/tz5cJNpIso8?si=pLJFi5cPDmSpKBfJ

In the video, Jay alludes to a TV special called "Johnny Goes Home" in 1982 where Johnny revisits his home state of Nebraska, in his 1939 Chrysler Royal, and childhood home of Norfolk.  It is a special video with recollections and sentiments that are universal - I'd never seen it before, it is very special:

https://youtu.be/Y5wU7SmkZ3U?si=0Bd4sbz95PNRKh2F

Following WWII, Johnny graduated from University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1949 with a BA in radio and speech (minor in physics(!)) using GI Bill benefits and interned at KFAB (still on the air) and WOW in Omaha following graduation.

Although the deadline has passed for Club member group reservation rates at the Hampton Inn & Suites SW La Vista, there are likely still rooms available.  Also, don't forget the upcoming Fall Meet Registration deadline on August 25th.  We appreciate your help as getting an accurate head count and event/meal preferences will help us prepare for what is going to be a fantastic event!

Please contact Sally and I if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kurt and Sally

---