Re[2]: {Chrysler 300} Tire Pressures

DB has consistently recommended "higher end of the range" tire pressures- they told me 38 psi cold, but 40 would be ok (most/all? radial tires max. inflation higher than 40 psi).   This applies in particlular to the wide whitewall radials.  Radials have more tire sidewall "squat" under load than bias ply - and higher pressure improves the "look" of the tire under load as well as helps protect the wide whitewall from damage.

American Classic by Coker used to recommend 35 psi.

Even when our cars were new, the road test reviewers often increased tire pressures over the ulta-low 22 or so psi specified by the factory, resulting in greatly improved handling.
I think the low psi was specified to provide the "soft, comfortable ride" that was marketed back in the day.

Carl B.