Re: {Chrysler 300} 55 Imperial 8 Volt

Thanks John, you are correct.  Had a senior moment.

JL

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

On Sun, Jun 30, 2024 at 9:34 AM, John R. Cote
<cotejohnr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
John,
I think you mean "Motor Wheel Co" not MotorRim.

On Sunday, June 30, 2024 at 12:26:15 PM EDT, 'John Lazenby' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is not a Letter Car but many things cross over thus my comments.  I spent over five years restoring a like example and know the workings well.

I currently have three 6 volt Chryslers and once installed with heavy battery cables, good and a strong battery (I use Optima 6 volts in a case) ZERO issues with cranking and starting.  Years ago when we had our first C300 there were starting issues and I went to the 6/12 battery which worked but it looked terrible, was expensive and short life.

Ken Brody approached me and said I can fix that.  My first reaction was you don't know what you are talking about but after desperation I let Ken do his thing.  From that day forward ZERO issues and that has been close to 30 years.

Our newest C300 had cranking and starting issues even with a new 6 volt Optima battery.  There was a list of repairs needed and one of them was correct battery cables.  Brad Brody came over and made them correct size for the application using heaving cables.  Once installed and on the first crank she fired and has done so ever since.  So on that issue I agree with Ron Waters and would not call it an upgrade.

Other items noted in he video (and I'm not to the end yet) was incorrect brake master and booster, wrong upper radiator hose and the list could go on.

The owner states Desert Rose for the top color which it may be but not from the factor because that color wasn't offered until 1956.  More than likely it was Canyon Tan which was a 1955 color.

Now for my personal pet peeve, Kelsey Hayes wire wheels.  KH was not the builder but MotorRim was.  They were a factory option from 1953 through 1956.  If you doubt me on this remove a tire and look at the stamping on the rim and it will verify this.

Last, Chrysler Imperial ended with the 1954 models and in 1955 simply became IMPERIAL.  This name remained for several years.

John Lazenby