RE: {Chrysler 300} Transmission Pan Gasket

I would think a cork gasket is better than rubber, as rubber would buckle when/if overtightened.

Ron

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2024 5:43 PM
To: Albert Stauder <astauder55@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: {Chrysler 300} Transmission Pan Gasket

For best results follow Don Verity's advice should it appear. Otherwise remove pan, carefully clean both mating surfaces. Put a straight edge across the pan mounting flanges to be sure they are straight and not deformed from previous overtightening. If deformed tap them straight. I avoid RTV or any sealant near the valve body of an automatic. Wipe both surfaces of the gasket with clean ATF and reattach. Do not overtighten.

Dan