{Chrysler 300} Chrysler Castle Axle Nuts - Correct Size - Finding

{Chrysler 300} Chrysler Castle Axle Nuts - Correct Size - Finding

Hello all,

I have been hunting on the internet for an hour with no luck. Chrysler used the same rear axle castle nuts apparently from 1946 to at least 1964. I have a so-so nut and need a replacement.

I checked all the sources and none of the replacements are the correct size. The nut Chrysler used was something of a SAE heavy nut.

Although many ¾-16 nuts are out there, none of them have the larger bearing face nor the proper depth for the cotter pin to lineup.

The factory nut is 1.26 inch across the face and is 0.625 tall. Both my 1946 Desoto nuts and the 300K nuts are the same.

Has anyone found a source for new nuts that are that size?

Thanks, James

---