Re: {Chrysler 300} Lift advice

I've been following this thread with interest. Just a few points I'd like to make:
I wrote an article about my installation for the 300 Club Website.
Go to the Website and at the very bottom of the page, under Misc., you'll find the article.
This article pertains to a twin post lift with an overhead traveler.
This may help folks who have  pole barns with 10 foot side walls. It details how I managed putting
a 12 1/2' lift in a 10' high barn.

Floor thickness. Instructions with my lift called for 4-5". An interesting note was to drill all the way through. This was to allow you to fix an anchor lug that went bad. Just drive it through into the dirt below and install a new one. Don't have to dig it out.

Location. Try to keep the lift square to the door. This allows you to just drive in and not have to maneuver onto the lift and more importantly, backing out straight. No big deal now but 15-20 years down your ageing road, very important!

Twin Post lifts. Only buy a lift with the overhead traveler that carries the hoses and safety cables.
Leaves the floor clear under the car for Transmission jacks, Oil drain buckets  and the like. Standard
lifts have these going from one post to the other across the floor with a metal hump plate over them. A real PIA.

It seems like the outfit I got my lift from is gone, so no help there. You're likely to be working alone, so ALWAYS use the safety locks. Over the 18 years of use, I had each cylinder leak at the piston seal and the locks prevented a disaster. The locks also allowed me to remove the cylinders to repair, with a vehicle raised. When a seal is blown, you cannot lower the lift.

Hope this helps, Ray