Re: {Chrysler 300} 300F Brake line and Fuel line routing

Re: {Chrysler 300} 300F Brake line and Fuel line routing

Just went through something like this with a company called Fine Lines for fuel lines for my Hurst.  The kit came in three sections, not labeled and no instructions.  Label on the lines said 69-71 Sport Fury!  It was pretty obvious which section went to the fuel tank, but it wasn't correct and I needed to modify some of the bends with my $12 Autozone tubing bender.  Still better than trying to build that piece from scratch with a long, straight piece.  It's left up to the customer to figure out which of the remaining two pieces went up front to the fuel pump (after snaking it through the subframe) and in which orientation/direction to install, and then putting the remaining piece in the middle.  The tubes did not have fittings installed for using the lines with union compression fittings, but rather only had flares on the ends, so you're supposed to connect the pieces with small lengths of 3/8" rubber fuel hose and hose clamps (not supplied)  There were no clips of any kind supplied, either.  I had to buy those separately and/or reuse some of the originals that were on the car.  It took much longer than it should have, but some of that is undoubtedly because I am 68 and not 28 anymore.  No leaks (so far), so I think I did it correctly.
This all started because my fuel gauge was acting goofy, so I removed the sending unit to find a float with two pinholes in it, but only slight corrosion on the rheostat.  I wanted to make sure the fuel lines worked and didn't leak before putting more gas in the tank to see if the gauge works better now, and that I reinstalled the sending unit with a new gasket and lock ring properly.  That should be later today when it stops raining so I can put more gas in the tank with the car out in the concrete driveway instead of in the garage just in case.