Re: {Chrysler 300} Distributor restoration

Re: {Chrysler 300} Distributor restoration

I rebuilt a dual point for my '65 Barracuda and Bob's video was a great reference.

I took it one step farther because the bushings were worn and pressed in new bushings. They turned out to be a standard size and could be bought "off the shelf". I  had to ream them to size after pressing them in, which didn't surprise me. The FSM uses a burnishing tool, but reaming  .001" or so to size was really nothing.

Some scrounging around on eBay found a new oil cup, also a standard, off the shelf item. Mancini had a new vacuum advance.

The only issue is not having the machine to spin it up after, but some time on the car with my set-back timing light showed it worked fine.

Hope this helps,

John