So note which wires go where vs view of switch ( rear view I hope) I think You will find two yellow are swapped !

john G
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 20, 2023, at 3:07 PM, Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The thing that had me confused was that I thought that the lights grounded to the body. Nope. the yellow is the ground.

Also, not sure about Chrysler, but on Dodge, the map lamp switch is three position. On hardtop, the first position is off, second position is map light and third position is roof rail lights. But on convertible, it appears from the illustration that both the second and third position have exactly the same function: turns on both the map and pocket panel lights. Not sure why they did that. Hope I'm reading the illustration correctly.

Ron

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Grady
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2023 2:47 PM
To: Ron Waters
Cc: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 57 Chrysler Shop Manual

hah — that switch has baffled many of us , note the ground symbol inside it . So when you turn on either lights it grounds  yellow at switch , either light alone . but when you turn off it jumps both yellows together so door switch lights both ! you can do that with dpdt toggle center off and a diode . either map or roof on  switch  , grounding roof grounds map by diode from yellow roof wire ,  grounding  roof at door ( when switch is off )  by door switch turns on both .
Convert they sub rear courtesy for roof .

I copied this on 37 packard it had map and roof , but no door switches in 37 . added them , using mopar wire colors !

while on this pink feed is “on “ 12 v all the time , i have had 3-4 cars ( F) where it corrodes in driver kick panel plug , turns green . (12 +  dampness?) That means no roof lights

Sent from my iPhone