{Chrysler 300} Maiden Freeway Run —- Throttle Failure

{Chrysler 300} Maiden Freeway Run —- Throttle Failure

Well,

We took the '64 down I-80 in fast and stop and go traffic to see how this thing will run.

I have an odd idle miss-vibration that goes away when off idle, it persists with two different carbs and two different distributors....odd...

In any event, after a stop about 20 miles away at Harbor Freight I went to start the car and the throttle felt funny. I thought that one of the nuts on the linkage slipped. I only had about 30% throttle.

We limped back and it turns out that the nice new throttle shaft nylon bushing popped out and so the throttle linkage went nuts.

I am at a loss as to why that happened. That bushing has only been in for about 3 hours of driving time if that. Has anyone had any issues with those of late?

I only have one spare and I am hesitant to go on a long drive back to San Francisco with the car without a 3rd or 4th spare.  Perhaps I need to remove the steel bracket off the car and glue the nylon bushing on to it.

Thoughts folks?

James

---