In addition to the foregoing, I have heard that Penn Grade oil is manufactured by the same operation that manufactured Kendall oil years ago.  I get this oil by the case from Summit along with a WIX filter.

Sorry for my initial confusion about oil weight. Regardless, the important thing is to be sure and run a high-ZDDP oil in our flat tappet engines.

Rip

On Friday, February 25, 2022, 05:01:41 PM EST, <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That last link was broken, try this for Duke William's paper on old car engine oil.

https://www.ncrsmac.org/ed/Engine/Engine%20Oil%20%20For%20Vingage%20Corvettes.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: "D.C. Mason" <petergriffinforpresident@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2022 4:21pm
To: "CAROLL RIPLEY" <ripinator@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'Keith Langendorfer' via Chrysler 300 Club International" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richard Osborne" <reomotorsports1@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Cams

As long as we’re on the subject of oil, and since I was one of the voices in favor of VR-1, a question hanging out there for me is oil weight preference.  Rip I’m not familiar with the Penn (Pennzoil?) but seeing some of the recommended weights make me wonder.  I use 10W-30 VR-1 in all the 361/383/413s.  I understand that a heavier weight oil can be problematic….?
Respectfully
dave

Sent from my iPhone