RE: {Chrysler 300} B cam

The days of taking racks with thousands of cam blanks out into the desert and burning them using diesel locomotive drain oil, to carbonize / heat treating,  have been over for years now.  I can’t remember the names of the man and wife team, with Clay Smith. He can tell you some great stories about their process they used. I did use some of their custom Max Wedge cams.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: 'John Lazenby' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 1:10:17 PM
To: Richard Dutkiewicz <rdr_inc@xxxxxxxxxx>; John Nowosacki <jsnowosacki@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: CAROLL RIPLEY <ripinator@xxxxxxxxxxx>; chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; jslayton@xxxxxxxxxx <jslayton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} B cam

I use Valvoline 20/50 VR1 in all of my collector cars from VW to Chrysler.  Also with every oil change I add a 16oz container of Lucas Break In Concentrate which is also very high in Zinc.

One other item, Clay Smith Cams are located close to me and recently I had a conversation with them regarding cams.  At that time they were having problems to get "blanks" to make cams.  I've heard stories that there are only two suppliers for blanks in the U.S.A.  A couple of years ago I was talking with the owner of Engle Cams who was a customer of mine and he was having the same issue getting blanks.  There were big name racers at his throat for product and he was trying to find an answer.

Possibly this has changed but I would suggest anyone looking for such start the search now.

John Lazenby