Re: {Chrysler 300} Replacement starter 1961 300G

Re: {Chrysler 300} Replacement starter 1961 300G

I agree the starter and solenoid function fine but I think the solenoid may get stuck on the down motion which prohibits the grear from engaging. When I cleaned and lubed it it worked for about a week without issue. I don’t understand what the anti back mechanical is.

> On Feb 20, 2022, at 8:02 PM, John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> If it pulls in all the way it has to engage-period . If it spins   ,solinoid  has in fact pulled all the way , as contacts are at end of solenoid travel . There is the anti back drive mechanical part at nose just behind gear . Probably stripped  .
> Fits with that it works sometimes too . Not sure available as a part ., check . But starter is ok , I think . Parts in front st gear no good   ?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Feb 20, 2022, at 3:17 PM, RICHARD HUSS <rhuss214192@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I have removed and cleaned my starter 5 times. Each time I get a few more cranks without it just spinning then it spins for the first two three or four times then it will engage. The solenoid was sticking the first time I cleaned. I thought it solved the problem. A week later the same problem. Does anyone know where to get a solenoid or replacement starter? I can’t find anything similar. Thanks  Richard
>>
>> --
>> For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
>> ---

---