Re: {Chrysler 300} 300G drivers window

There are several things which you MUST keep in mind. Safety! Safety! Safety!

As you take everything apart, keep in mind that the window is Damn heavy. So,  use a wedge between the glass and the door frame or better yet a short piece of 2X4 inside the door from the bottom to the glass to prop it in place while you remove the regulator.
When it falls it can slice or break your arm, or at least hurt you. You then can hold the glass and remove the 2X4 and tilt the glass and remove it from the top.
With the regulator and glass out of the door, you can do whatever you have to do to the widow runs.

The window regulator is a lethal weapon of human destruction. Perfectly safe until you try to remove the motor from the regulator. Ask me how I know...OK I have a dent in the front of my skull from where the arm hit me when I removed the motor. Fortunately, I was holding the regulator in my other hand and as it released the tension and the arm flew up to hit my forehead, it flew out of my hand, If it had been clamped in a vise, it would have been much worse.  I would have been seriously injured,
THIS  APPLIES TO HAVING THE REGULATOR ON THE BENCH.
The arm is under extreme tension to aid in raising the heavy glass window. BEFORE you start to take out the 3 bolts which hold the motor in, drill a hole thru the regulator frame and the big arm. put a bolt through these holes and secure it. This will prevent the arm from releasing the spring tension as the motor comes loose. Then remove the motor.
After reinstalling the motor, you can remove the bolt.

One other thing to save you much time.
The motor does not use a body ground. It has 2 wires going to it, one positive and one negative. The switch switches the polarity, depending on whether the window is going up or down. To test the motor, hook jumpers, 1 pos and 1 neg to the motor and it will run. Switch the wires and it will run the other way.

All this is from many windows I have removed from many cars, but am unfamiliar with you model, so your mileage may vary...

Good luck and keep learning, Ray Jones