Re: {Chrysler 300} Steering shaft installation

that was it thanks
On Nov 11, 2021, at 6:55 PM, william ELDER <belder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Richard:

The brass pieces you are looking at, provide the ground strap for the horn.  In order to work, the steering shaft must be grounded.  If you go to the club website and the Tech Page, you will find a how to repair video by Bob Merritt.  It is in the Electrical & Instrument section, # 29.

300ly
bill

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of RICHARD HUSS
Sent: November 11, 2021 5:54 PM
To: 'Keith Langendorfer' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Steering shaft installation

1961 300G

I had the steering box rebuilt by Steer and Gear When I removed the shaft two pcs of copper came out with the rubber bushing. now I do not know how to reinstall them or why. the larger one is 1/2” wide and 1 1/2 long with a fold at one end that I assume stays outside the rubber bushing. There are also two pcs of plastic that go inside the bushing and can either isolate the copper from the shaft or fit between the copper strips and the rubber bushings.
Any help on how to install?  note the small pcs of copper is curved as if it fits on the exterior of the rubber bushing.
<image001.jpg>

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---