{Chrysler 300} Hello all. Regarding the a/c issue.

{Chrysler 300} Hello all. Regarding the a/c issue.

I am also privileged to be the owner of a brand new (for me) Chrysler 300 F, courtesy of Mark Love, in beautiful terra-cotta. I am as well proceeding with getting the air conditioner working.
 My guy recommended not to use R-12 as it is illegal here; and I also have a too much respect for our environment.
He said that he would need at least a pound of R-12, and if you have a leak it’s gone. I am therefore converting my 300 F to R-134
I believe that is the correct solution for me.
I have also heard of the alternative new age R -134 and I am told that it is extremely expensive, like $1000 for 30 pounds, and takes a $7000 machine to get it in the car. All new information for  me, I don’t know from experience. Others?

Regarding the potential lack of cooling, my guy suggested to place a fan or fans so that it would increase the cooling, as he just recently did on an older truck in which he installed new air conditioning. We will see if this is necessary.
 I do believe he knows what he’s doing as he has so far fine-tuned the 300F engine and gotten the brakes working perfectly.
We thought the brakes needed bleeding which had been done in the past, but he took off the wheels, backed off one of two bolts on each wheel until it tightened so the wheel wouldn’t move, and then backed it back a quarter turn. Then did the same with the other bolt which totally solved the problem. Sound familiar to anyone? I have no clue. Unfortunately I am not mechanically inclined, as so many of your are.
He has worked on 300F’s for a long time and is experienced.
He is the fellow that has put the Hansen compressor in my 1963 Pace Car convertible which we are air-conditioning.  We are well on the way with that project, after pulling and painting the engine. His genius son airbrushed the impossible to reach areas without  having to dismantle the engine.
Two 413’s with air conditioning in South Florida-hooray!
Loving my 300F. Thanks Mark and Terry.
Michael Alexander
Sent from my iPhone

---