From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Albert Stauder
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:18 PM
To: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Chrysler 300} 1960 300F A/C

Good Afternoon Everyone - hope all are well.

As some of you know I recently purchased a beautiful 1960 300F from Bob M. named Virgil.  During restoration in 2003 the factory A/C system was rebuilt and installed in the car.  However it was never charged since it was set up for long term storage.

I have spoken with a few A/C people here in Texas and get mixed answers.  One guy says there is a synthetic substitute for R-12 in which he could charge.  Others say it would have to be converted to a R-134 system.  One says I would have to change compressor and convert.  I want to keep Virgil as original.

Any insight to this would be appreciated, since I want to do the correct charge for the car.

Thank you for all your help.

Al Stauder
Boerne, Texas

---