From: John Grady [mailto:jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2020 10:02 AM
To: Ron Waters
Cc: Bob Merritt; chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Fw: 55 Chrysler 300 Driveshaft

there is info on the 300 site how to make a better driveshaft at Denny’s Driveshafts for 57-59 and 60-61 . Earlier may need measuring .How to measure is a form he provides . the front flange from a 727 winnebago app and a real front U joint result . Slip spline is placed in the shaft like a truck .
 personally , on the old one not only the pin has to be right on  , but the housing gets wear divots and you need to shim the little shoes too .i rebuilt a few way back , less than happy with residual vibration ( better but still there )—right around 65 .  Denny’s high speed balances  it too.  By the  time you mess with the detroit joint with balance , offsets of pin , shims, housings rubber etc and your time you are imho way ahead on $ , no vibration , drops in .

related , the cross U joint replacement at back has some issues now of availability . I could not get one for 57 ,—-  if I remember right the two sides stock have different diameter pins . Small pin to the rear. You can change the pinion yoke to a later8/3/4  larger one , then 4 pins are the same  , and readily available . About 115 $ for yoke. Good news is the driveshaft side takes both u joints.
I got the yoke there too .
 JY and I have multiple cars with this , zero issues . I have one on order now for a D , he is busy , might be 6 weeks.
Hope that helps , check out . Detroit joint is 1930 stuff , 60 mph . It was gone by ?63 .
john
Sent from my iPhone not by choice