[Chrysler300] Re: {Chrysler 300} front mounts hemi

[Chrysler300] Re: {Chrysler 300} front mounts hemi

John,
	Yes!  We had that concern 3 weeks ago when installing my rebuilt 392.  Thanks to John Lazenby and Jim Krausmann who sent pictures from their C engines we managed to correctly install the engine mounts in the front before lowering the engine back in the engine bay.  If the mount bracket was installed with the forward part of the bracket in front of the casting dog ear it would have set the positioning off by 3/8 to 1/2”.  By the way, I procured new front and rear(transmission) mounts from Jeff Carter which has them made with modern polymer/rubber compounding which is to last longer and give better vibration control, “floating power” type situation which Chrysler pioneered in the early 1930”s.  Rob Kern

> On Nov 20, 2020, at 8:47 AM, John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> quick update , there is a front view of engine in car —with no radiator , in first few pages of the fsm . look very carefully , you can see the mount ear steel is behind the block tabs . That Shifts engine forward about 3/8” .  fixes tie rod closeness . Impacts trans mount , exhaust fit too .
> So this car , all new parts , rebuilt engine was installed in the car in wrong place. Big heads up !!
> Mount ears go behind block ears on hemi   , moves it forward
> John
> Sent from my iPhone not by choice
>
> --

<*> Your email settings: