[Chrysler300] Axle seals

Hello, everyone:

I'm setting up parts to reinstall the rear axles on my '59 E. I noticed in the parts manual there are inner and outer seals. I remember cataloguing only the outer seal (CR-15200) when I pulled the axles a couple of years ago.  Questions:

If the seal is placed behind the bearing, is the bearing packed with grease by hand before installing?

P/N is 1673-373. Is an after market replacement available?

CR-15200 is virtually non-existent. No luck on E-Bay or similar sites. I do have a couple of outer oil seals from a '64 (P/N 2070788) that have the same dimensions, matching them together, but the seals themselves are of different configurations. Any precautions?

Best,
Ron Kurtz
E #292

    Chrysler300-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx