From: John Grady [mailto:jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2020 2:13 PM
To: Ron Waters
Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Brakes / blue sky

Maybe not  true Ron . Been there. Had 58 D both ways , look up parts for 58
,check numbers vs 59 or 57  you often got wrong one . Much of the literature
in parts books all messed up about D . 59 has the later upper arms too , I
think changed with brakes . You are right though all 59 are later stuff.
Note two part numbers for upper arm bushings 58 . Late 58 , up , is
Distinguished by increasing the thickness of the backing plate , bigger
control arm bushings , I think front end adjusting methods changed too (
cams vs shims) ) backing plate thickness step  changed the wheel cylinder
step  .   When you swap a  frame you learn all this the hard way . Not
familiar with term "three platform " at all . Maybe another change . But
structural change was ( despite erratic  stories about when , or if all at
once , or just 300 )  in 58 . 57 had problems , to put it mildly .  Noises
failing to hold adjustments , locking if left sitting , etc not all  those
fixed by upgrade either.
Whatever , one D had the later parts factory . Other did not . I got so
confused by this at the time , and - I am not being strident about it .. as
ten years ago , - that I chased down a period Moog catalog , also even more
confusing . Even corresponded with them by email . I won't even go into ball
joints , must be 4-5 of them in this period. But catalog gives you no
dimensions , you find out when you get part . I vaguely remember Imperial
used an upgraded ball joint sometimes listed as if fitting all 300's .
Sometimes the numbers are same size but mean different quality line , rubber
etc . Very confusing . Finally took to 300F parts all fit ok.
Do consider this as information from on the ground . And do not believe all
you read on 300D front end orbrake parts. It depends.
Main question was spindles , anyway . Sorry for digression. ..
John

Sent from my iPhone not by choice

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional