Re: [Chrysler300] Brakes / blue sky

Hi all
I did the 63 up Bendix brake
Swap on a 62 300 sport.
I just changed the entire spindle and brake assembly
From a 1964 300K.
Tremendous upgrade but
You can only do this with
Short wheelbase Chrysler
Vehicles 122 in I believe.

Bob Haag

On Jul 8, 2020, at 12:28 PM, John Grady jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all ,
Anyone know if 60-62 front spindles are essentially the same ? I believe stock brakes 59- 62 interchange ,62 last year of the two leading shoes , says spindles probably do too . In fact spindles may carry later into 60’s .., if the later 63 up Bendix style drums Bolt on to similar spindle interface ) —-But That is not the issue here...
I know 60 parts fits late 58 /59 too, ? may fit 57 if used With 57 / early 58 upper control arms ( has smaller upper frame bushings) . I used 59 de Soto Lwb frame under a 57 , used 60 F brakes / front end parts on that frame as I had them .
Late 58 up brakes way better structurally than 57 , upgraded mid 58 . Why wheel cylinders differ .

Looking at ? larger front discs than current upgrade tech allows —limited due to our small wheels ( 15,14) .
I read in an SAE article that 16 “ wheels are the best engineering trade looking ahead on tire roadworthyness ,handling etc. — same rolling OD, with smaller sidewall . So tires available in 16” will be many . coincidentally I converted a few to that size over getting really good top end Michelin tires .
In the future I think tire companies will look at 14 and 15 the way our generation looks at 6” model A tires on wire wheels .
Would love really good brakes , — you do not have to worry about, like a modern Jeep GC or corvette . Fit in 16... ?? Just looking at this right now ...

Brake guy I am working with had worked on 62 300 ( and up ) ok , but not before then . He has all 62 data , I think the same spindle goes back to at least 1960 .
FYI , —
John
“ Brakes to match 150 mph”

Sent from my iPhone not by choice