Re: [Chrysler300] Pont-a Mousson 4 speed pictures

Re: [Chrysler300] Pont-a Mousson 4 speed pictures

My understanding was that Chrysler Corp felt that some of the GM 1961 models, especially Pontiac, had a price advantage over Chrysler..  So, they came out with the 1961 Windsor 4 door sedan with the 3 speed manual tranny at a base price of $2964.  It also came with rubber floor mats instead of carpeting.  Also, the same features were available in a 2 door hardtop for about $50 more.  I remember this because my dad was a Chrysler dealer at the time and he sold a few of these cars.  But the automatic tranny was still preferred by most customers despite the increased price.

Best regards, Jim