[Chrysler300] Heater Switch Replacements

[Chrysler300] Heater Switch Replacements

I would like to ask for input as to any known differences in the MOPAR heater/AC switch line. The original part number for my 64 and perhaps prior is 2096084.The final part number of this run I believe is 3502126. I find that the K switch # was superseded by many subsequent part numbers. I am wondering what might be the changes to this switch, and why?
My question basically is, does the 3502126 work as well or better than they original #, or is there a particular switch in the chain to stop at if the switch did change in design in any way, making it less unsuitable for my K?
As you can imagine, the NOS 2096068 is priced by the ounce and still it is 56 years old. The later switches less so, and more reasonably priced the newer they get to '84. Great news if they in fact all work to spec.
I question all this as I just had to chase down replacements for the four cooked vacuum actuators of the car. HOLY COW!
As the dash is apart, I feel it wise to replace the switch- and the cable that the PO botched after "fixing" it.
Good news on my heater motor as well. I took it apart, cleaned up the commutator and bushings and refreshed the oil felts.
Onward!

Allan

Posted by: ALLAN POZDOL <apozdol@xxxxxxxxxxx>