Re: [Chrysler300] 300 factory air blower motor

Re: [Chrysler300] 300 factory air blower motor

Generally on sleeve bearing motor  drop of oil helps a lot . I have taken ton using 75 w Mobil one gear oil , thick it helps fill wear spaces on slightly work bearings . Good on speedo input too. Factory white grease is garbage .
Do not put more than one drop where shaft enters motor . More than one gets inside . Brushes are usually on far end . I have taken to drilling an .060 hole in center of rear shaft position and a drop in there . One drop! There is an oil slinger inside to keep away from brushes , and an absorbent cotton thing usually .. once damp with oil . Taking them apart can still be done but this fixes it usually . Taking apart if not jammed can cause more trouble , as field windings are often ready to fallout . This is mostly from PW motors but as worked on fans too.
On PW the hole allows any moisture to drain out , on those mounted nose up , although front seal / slinger ( as Jamie has described ) has to be right too . I have opened some where obviously 3/8” of water sat for years , destroying bearing motor shaft , sheet metal retainer and brush holder .. Once that happens it is junk .

Sent from my iPhone not by choice

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: