Re: [Chrysler300] 300g convertible on eBay

Re: [Chrysler300] 300g convertible on eBay

Agree with that . That incorrect alternator puts out more Amps , probably rewired  for two wire field electronic  regulator  . ( horrors) Good idea if you are going to drive it with AC and headlights. 💡I think you are right , the concourse originals are really wonderful , love to see them, but so are reliable attractive drivers without original gasoline,  brake fluid and battery acid.
I have noticed that many in our hobby , most vocal about all original,  casting numbers , etc inherited a car that was never touched , — so sort of by accident end up with original pieces. Things wrong / worn become “patina” . The extent of work in that situation was to buy a car cover or tires and a sales brochure. And those behind cars like this one may have really  done the work to bring them back — they are the other pole of that. I would submit those who save one from the junkyard with actual hard work should be given the kudos deserved . 300 club is not so divided -as we see each other’s goal . Chevy guys get rabid on this stuff; ( wow a matching numbers 283! Hose clamps at correct angle !one of 600,000) . But to each his own   . One could replace the powerful optima with a fake mopar , get right alternator (35 amps!) and battery cable for  under 300 $ .  But if rust is really fixed right , ground up , is it worth 99700? The  Better question ? ( To me , a better car than a perfect untouched original with “ just a little rust starting in the floor, or over the rear wheels)   . And price is better too— usually .
I have a perfect F , never touched , all the stickers etc ; I did nothing but buy it 45 years ago . Other cars I fixed , sometimes from rusty wrecks. I like those more...
— not adamant about anything , interesting issue.
Sent from my iPhone not by choice