From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of 'Henry Schleimer' henry.schleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: July 13, 2019 8:55 AM
To: 'Curtis Roys'; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Need 65 300L history

Nice looking car that doesn’t appear to have gone around the clock. One general trick for any car is to look at the amount of wear on the brake pedal and driver seat...

I have two cars that I have had for 20 years and I still have every receipt for work done. I may be weird, but I also keep a small note book in my cars which I write the date, fuel and mileage every time I fill up. 20 years of history at a glance. Didn’t the seller offer any such proof?

That said, I bought a “classic” car last year that the owner gave me no previous receipts. It showed about 30,000 miles which was obviously wrong for a ’65 model. However, it didn’t seem like a 130,000 mile car. It was restored and converted to right hand drive here in Australia 25 years ago and I suspect the odometer was “zeroed” at the time which was a practice sometimes done back then. I could believe it had only travelled 30,000 miles in the last 25 years. I have also had odometers stop on me before. So who knows what its real mileage is – but does it matter? I know the condition of the car and I’m happy with it. Apart from the tyres, it looks like you got a good car there as well!

Regards

Henry